Here is another Tea Time Snack from God’s Own country Kerala. Mutta Kuzhalappam or Madakku San is an easy tea time snack. It is also lovingly known as Love Letter 🙂 Thin Crepes are made from a loose batter and then filled with coconut and rolled to make Love Letters. Try out this recipe whenever you want a change from the deep fried oily snacks.
- All Purpose Flour/Maida – 1.5 cups
- Water – 2 cups approx (You can also substitute water with Milk)
- Egg – 1
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Salt – A pinch
For the Filling
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1.5 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Mix the ingredients for filling thoroughly and keep aside.
- Prepare a loose batter using all the above mentioned ingredients. If the batter is thick, add more water/milk.
- Heat a non stick tava/griddle and pour ladle full of batter on to the tava.
- Spread the batter so as to make a very thin crepe.
- When one side is cooked (1-2 minutes), flip it over and cook for another minute until golden brown. If you want it more crisp, wait for one more minute so that brown spots start appearing.
- Remove the crepe and place it on a plate. Spoon the filling and place it on the center of the crepe and spread it slightly. (Around 3 tbsp of filling for each crepe.)
- Fold the crepe to make Madakku San or Coconut Filled Crepes.
This one was adiploi… had the perfect sweetness and thickness.. and was having it after a long long time.
Thanks a bunch for visiting my blog and your sweet appreciation. You yourself have a fantastic blog!! I love these crepes, very similar to what we make in Bengal. We call it patishapta and do the batter slightly different. Reminds me of home.