On cold Autumn mornings, it requires extra will power and effort on my part to get up from bed. I could sleep under the warm blanket till noon. On such lazy days, I prefer making a smoothie for breakfast. Here is a healthy smoothie made with Banana, Oats, Dates and Almond Milk. I have been trying to eliminate Dairy from my diet and that is why I have used Almond Milk instead of regular Milk.
I know the thought of oats in a smoothie may not sound good but believe me, it tastes good and is good for your health. So don’t skip the oats. Almond Milk is a dairy free alternative to Milk. I have used packaged Almond Milk int his recipe. You can also use Coconut Milk.
Serves: 2 to 3
- Ripe Banana – 1 big
- Quick Cooking Oats – 1/2 cup
- Almond Milk – 1 cup
- Pitted Dates – 4 (Alternatively, you can use sugar or any other sweeter)
- Ice Cubes – 4 to 6
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Microwave the oats in 1 cup water for 2 minutes. Allow it to cool.
- Roughly chop the dates and blend it in a food processor along with 1/2 cup water to get a nice paste. This may take some time.
- Add the banana, cooked oats, almond milk and ice cubes. Blend until smooth.
Sometimes, you may difficulty getting the dates into a paste depending on your food processor. Here are some tips:
- You can soak the dates in water overnight and then blend it the next day.
- Alternatively, you can cook the dates in little water so that it becomes soft.