When I have overripe bananas, the simplest way to finish them is by making smoothies. Here is the recipe for making a Smoothie using Bananas and Oats. The addition of oats makes the smoothie rich in fibre and it tastes great. This is a good way to incorporate oats into your diet. You can have this Banana Oats smoothie for breakfast or in the evening. It will instantly energize you.
- Ripe Banana – 1 big
- Quick Cooking Oats – 1/4 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Cardamon Powder (Elakka) – A pinch (optional)
- Sugar – 1/2 tbsp
- Ice Cubes – 4 to 6
- Microwave the oats in 1/2 to 3/4 cup water or milk for a minute. Allow it to cool.
- Blends all the ingredients until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- You can use Vanilla, Cinnamon or any other flavoring agent instead of cardamom.
- You can also substitute sugar with honey.