Here is a recipe for simple Grilled Chicken. I grill chicken on my stove top grill pan and it helps me a lot specially during the winter season. I use either Chicken Breasts or Tenderloins for grilling. You need to marinate the chicken in a nice marinade for at least an hour before grilling. This will ensure that your chicken is still soft and juicy after grilling. If you are grilling chicken breasts or tenderloins, it is good to grill the pieces on medium high heat for lesser time (around 10-12 minutes). This will prevent the pieces from getting charred as these parts have very less fat or almost no fat. It is good to use pieces having uniform thickness while grilling. This will ensure that the chicken is cooked uniformly. Never grill chicken or meat on very high heat or low heat.
This is a very basic recipe for Grilled Chicken. You can use this grilled chicken for making Salads, Sandwiches or even soups. You can grill chicken and refrigerate it for 2-3 days. Go ahead and try out different recipes for Grilled Chicken using different marinades.
- Chicken Tenderloins – 4 or 5 pieces
- Cooking Spray – as needed
- Olive Oil – 1 to 1.5 tbsp
- Balsamic Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Onion Powder – 1 tsp
- Minced Garlic – 1 tbsp (Alternatively, you can use Garlic Powder)
- Ginger Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Asian Red Chilly Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces thoroughly. Drain and keep aside.
- Prepare a marinade using all the above ingredients and rub it on the chicken pieces. Allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Heat a grill pan and spray some cooking oil.
- Place the chicken tenders on the grill pan and grill each side for around 5-7 minutes on medium high heat.
- Serve as a salad or sandwich with any dressing.
Nice blog. you have lot of good recipes. I bookmarked it.
grilled chicken looks good. I assume it is a cast iron pan,that you are using. I love grilled chicken, especially in a salad. I have been looking for an Indoor Grill, checked out couple of but have mixed reviews. Finally I bought a Cast Iron Grill pan but when I tried to cook, it smokes a lot and food burned. I have not used it after that.(it is very heavy also.)
do you have good result using cast iron pan?
I too use a Stove Top Cast Iron grill pan and it has worked great for me right from the first day. This is how I use it:-
I preheat the pan for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
Then, I spray the pan with Cooking Spray.
After that, I place the chicken/beef and grill each side for 5-7 minutes.
Do not flip the meat until one side is completely done specially for Beef patties.
Sometimes, I spray little more Cooking Oil if it appears dry. This is never required for beef as it will let out its own juices.
Never, grill on high heat or else the pan will start smoking and the meat will get burned.
Stove Top Grill Pan is always better than an Indoor Grill. We always grill our Burger Patties and Chicken Breasts and the results have been great.Hope this helps.