This is one of my favorite salads and is tasty and healthy. It has no salad dressings or mayonnaise and it’s still tasty. Here is the recipe for a Low Fat Lettuce and Chicken Salad.
- Finely Chopped Romaine Lettuce – 1 Bunch
- Diced Tomatoes – 1
- Diced Baby/Salad Cucumbers – 1
- Cooked Chicken Breast Pieces – 1 Cup
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – as required
- Lightly fry the cooked chicken breast pieces on a non stick skillet for 4-5 minutes till it begins to brown.
- Take lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes along with salt and pepper in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Use your hands or a salad spinner for mixing everything. This will enhance the flavor and is required as we are not using any dressings.
- Add the browned chicken pieces and combine everything well.
Cooking Chicken Breasts
- You can buy cooked chicken breasts from your grocery store and many brands are available like Perdue, Tyson etc.
- If you are cooking chicken breasts at home, you can poach, boil, bake, grill or roast. There are many recipes available for cooking chicken breasts.
- I generally bake boneless and skinless chicken pieces after marinating with salt, pepper, ginger, garlic and lemon juice. I bake it at 400 degree F for 30-40 minutes and shred it after cooling.
Haven’t seen Romaine Lettuce much in Kerala.. Where can I get them?
I am not sure if you will find Romaine Lettuce in India. Ordinary Lettuce itself seems to be expensive and can be found at Reliance Fresh and other supermarkets.
Dawn roll says
I would like to try your recipe out..