I wanted to bake Banana Bread from a long time but I would always find some excuse and postpone it. Last weekend, I saw a few ripe bananas starting to turn black and my hubby darling wouldn’t care to eat it. So, I went online and searched for Banana Bread recipes and the first recipe I found online was from Elise at Simply Recipes.
It looked really simple and I decided to give it a try. I didn’t have baking soda and all purpose flour. So I used self rising flour and the result was simply yummy. It was a super moist Banana Bread or Cake or whatever.
You can refer Simply Recipes for the original recipe. Thank you Elise for such a nice recipe. I will no longer have to throw my ripe bananas… Here is my version for Banana Bread with a few changes:
- Ripe Bananas – 2 long ones
- Self Rising Flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Melted Butter – 1/3 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup (This was really sweet for our taste buds. You can increase or decease according to your liking)
- Egg – 1
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Mash the bananas well and mix with the melted butter.
- Combine sugar, beaten egg and vanilla essence using a wooden spatula.
- Add the self rising flour and combine everything well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Pour mixture into an 8 X 4 or 9 X 5 inch buttered loaf pan. I used a 9 X 5 pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Allow it to cool before slicing.
Pl post recipe for some sweet dish which is wrapped in banana leaf and then steamed.
How to make sweet bread that is baked in Kerala bakery?
The one which I remember eating with mutton or chicken or beef curry… my mouth is watering… too good. The “Modern Bread” is making this bread extinct.
Would you know the recipe by any chance?