I purchased a new stove top grill pan recently and have started experimenting with grilling. I am still an amateur at grilling though I have nicely eaten grilled chicken, sausages, burgers and veggies when others have grilled… 🙂
Since I was trying to reduce a few pounds, I changed to baking and grilling to reduce the oil. I bought some chicken breasts in the hope of grilling skewers. I had some chicken pieces left over after cutting it for chicken skewers or kebabs. So I decided to experiment with BBQ sauce. Pulled Barbecue Chicken has delighted me more than the traditional Grilled Barbecue Chicken. Well, I couldn’t make pulled Chicken. Here is my recipe for BBQ Chicken Bits. My hubby liked it a lot and he suggested sprinkling some chopped peanuts on top for a crunchy texture.
- Chicken diced into tiny pieces – 2 cups ( I used boneless and skinless chicken breasts)
- Finely diced onions – 1 cup
- Ketchup – 2 tbsp
- Barbecue Sauce – 4 tbsp
- Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Cooking Oil – for spraying
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces. Dice it into very small pieces.
- Heat a non-stick pan and spray some cooking oil.
- Saute the onion pieces on medium heat until translucent.
- Add the chicken pieces and saute for 8-10 minutes stirring in between.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- When the chicken pieces become cooked, add ketchup and saute for 2 minutes.
- Next, add the barbecue sauce and mix everything well.
- Reduce heat and saute for another 3-4 minutes so that the chicken is coated well with the sauces.
- Serve these barbecue chicken bits as a sandwich or enjoy it as such.