Here is a recipe for simple Grilled Chicken. I grill chicken on my stove top grill pan and it helps me a lot specially during the winter season. I use either Chicken Breasts or Tenderloins for grilling. You need to marinate the chicken in a nice marinade for at least an hour before grilling. This will ensure that your chicken is still soft and juicy after grilling. If you are grilling chicken breasts or tenderloins, it is good to grill the pieces on medium high heat for lesser time (around 10-12 minutes). This will prevent the pieces from getting charred as these parts have very less fat or almost no fat. It is good to use pieces having uniform thickness while grilling. This will ensure that the chicken is cooked uniformly. Never grill chicken or meat on very high heat or low heat.
This is a very basic recipe for Grilled Chicken. You can use this grilled chicken for making Salads, Sandwiches or even soups. You can grill chicken and refrigerate it for 2-3 days. Go ahead and try out different recipes for Grilled Chicken using different marinades.
- Chicken Tenderloins – 4 or 5 pieces
- Cooking Spray – as needed
- Olive Oil – 1 to 1.5 tbsp
- Balsamic Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Onion Powder – 1 tsp
- Minced Garlic – 1 tbsp (Alternatively, you can use Garlic Powder)
- Ginger Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Asian Red Chilly Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces thoroughly. Drain and keep aside.
- Prepare a marinade using all the above ingredients and rub it on the chicken pieces. Allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Heat a grill pan and spray some cooking oil.
- Place the chicken tenders on the grill pan and grill each side for around 5-7 minutes on medium high heat.
- Serve as a salad or sandwich with any dressing.