Here’s the recipe for a simple and tasty side dish for lunch. Beans and Potato Stir Fry or Mezhkkupuratti tastes wonderful.
1. Beans (Thinly chopped) – 2 Cups
2. Potato (Diced into small cubes) – 1 Cup
3. Dry Red Chillies – 3
4. Onion (Thinly Sliced) – 1 medium
5. Curry Leaves – A sprig
6. Mustard Seeds- 1/2 tsp
7. Oil – 2 tbsp
8. Turmeric Powder -1/2 tsp
9. Chilly Powder – 1 tsp
10.Garlic Cloves – 5 or 6
11.Salt – As required
12. Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) – A few
1. Heat oil in a non stick pan.
2. Splutter the mustard seeds.
3. Add onions and saute till golden brown.
4. Add the Dry Red Chillies, Garlic and Curry Leaves and stir for a few seconds.
5. Add Turmeric & Chilly powder and saute.
6. Add the diced beans and potato along with little salt and mix well.
7. Cover the pan and allow it to cook for around 10 mins or until the vegetables are tender.
8. Garnish with Coriander Leaves.
When making mezhukkupuratti, it is best not to add water. Instead keep the dish on simmer and stir occasionally.
George Joseph says
Stumbled accross your website. It is amzingly useful to any malayali veetamma. Thanks for maintaining such a good down to earth honest in details of each and every recipe as well as the english malayalm kitchen dictionary. Keep it up and kudos to the site.
This turned out really well and my husband whose North Indian loved it !
Thankyou for keeping it simple n easy 🙂