The combination of Potato and Capsicum (Bell Peppers) is simply awesome. Aloo Capsicum Fry is perhaps one of the most popular North Indian recipes. Here is my version of Potato Capsicum Stir Fry or Uralakizhangu Capsicum Mezhkkupuratti. It can be made very quickly. Whenever I make this side dish for lunch, I tend to eat more rice just to get a second serving of the side dish 🙂
- Diced Capsicum (Green Bell Peppers) – 1 big
- Potatoes – 2 medium
- Finely chopped Onions – 1 medium
- Curry Leaves – A sprig
- Slit Green Chillies – 2
- Minced Ginger – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Boil potatoes in a saucepan until half cooked. Be careful not to overcook the potatoes.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and saute onions until translucent.
- Add curry leaves, green chillies and ginger to the pan and continue sauteing for a few more minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilly powder. Stir fry for a minute.
- Throw in the capsicum pieces along with salt. Mix everything together. Cover and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, peel off the skin from the potatoes and dice it into bite sized pieces.
- Add the potatoes to the the above pan. Cover and cook on medium low heat for another 7-8 minutes till the vegetables are cooked well.
- Serve with Rice or Rotis.
i tried this recipe, i found it delicious and different from our everyday cooking, though i added two tomatoes, one during cooking and one after adding potatoes, but the rest remained the same, must say a very good recipe.
Hi i tried this recipe and it came out very well. Thanks.