Here is an easy recipe for Breakfast. Grab a few ripe Bananas and you are ready to make these sweet pancakes. I use a blender to make the batter quickly. I make extra thin banana pancakes using this batter. If you want thick Traditional Pancakes, you will have to mash the bananas and then whisk all the ingredients as you do for regular Pancakes.
You can serve these Pancakes as an evening snack and kids will love it. Back home, we call these pancakes as Ada (not to be confused with Ela Ada) whenever they are made with Maida. If Rice Flour is used, then it is more likely to be called as Dosha. You can have these Banana Pancakes as such or you can serve it with any syrup of your choice like Honey, Maple Syrup and so on.
- All Purpose Flour/Maida – 1 cup
- Ripe Banana – 1 big
- Milk – 1.5 to 2 cups
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Baking Powder – 1 tbsp
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender to make a nice batter. It should be slightly thicker than Dosa Batter.
- Heat a non stick griddle or tava and pour ladle full of batter onto the tava. Spread the batter to make a thin pancake.
- Allow the first side to brown nicely. Flip over after a few minutes and allow the other side to cook.
- Serve straight from the griddle.
I need a recipe for a banana pancake. It consists of a thin layer of a crepe. Inside is whip cream mixed with coconut, sesame seeds, and other things I can’t identify. There is also a banana in it too. It seem,s to me that no other website has it, do you know a recipe?
i have made this recipe..easy to prepare and delicious too..
Gordon Wagner says
These recipes are amazing!