Many people often wonder if Hot Dogs or Chicken Franks are cooked. Hot Dogs or Franks are precooked sausages and are safe to eat. If uncooked, it will be clearly mentioned on the package. Sausages are usually available in the frozen section of your Super Market. You can also find Canned Sausages which are precooked and canned in broth. Be sure to check the ingredients as hot dogs generally contain Beef, Pork, Turkey and so on. Chicken Hot Dogs or Chicken Franks are also easily available. Vegan Hot Dogs for also available for vegetarians.
Here is the recipe for scrambling eggs along with precooked sausages or hot dogs. Kids love sausages in any form – be it grilled, fried or boiled; they just adore hot dogs 🙂
So if you have kids at home, you can try this recipe for scrambled eggs and sausages for breakfast.
I am sending this recipe over to “Kids Delight” event, hosted by Srivalli.
- Hot Dogs – diced into quarter inch rounds (I used canned hot dogs after draining the broth)
- Finely chopped Onions – 1/2 Cup
- Beaten Eggs – 2
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – A pinch
- Red Chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Beat eggs along with salt and pepper and keep aside.
- Preheat a non stick pan and add 1 tbsp oil.
- Add onions and saute until translucent.
- Add the diced hot dogs and stir fry until lightly browned.
- Add a pinch of turmeric and 1/2 tsp red chilly powder. Stir Fry for a minute.
- Pour the beaten eggs and allow it to set. Scramble thoroughly once it begins to set.
- Make a breakfast sandwich or serve it as a quick side dish for lunch.