I was on a search for a recipe for Eggless French Toasts. I saw many different recipes using Bananas, Yogurt, Half and Half, Egg Replacer and even Tofu. Since I only had Yogurt with me, I went ahead and decided to take a risk and try making French Toasts with Milk and Yogurt. I was totally surprised and flattered by the outcome. These French Toasts tasted awesome and I liked it better than the ones with egg. They were soft and yummy without the strong taste of egg. This is a great alternative for all those who are allergic to Egg or simply don’t eat egg. Go ahead and try these Eggless French Toasts for a change and you will surely love it.
Check out the recipe for normal French Toasts with Egg here.
- Milk – 1/2 cup (I used 2% Milk)
- Sugar – 1.5 tbsp
- Yogurt – 3 to 4 tbsp ( I used Fat Free yogurt)
- Cinnamon Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp (optional)
- Whole Wheat/Multi Grain bread – 3 slices
- Butter – optional
- Blend ingredients 1 to 5 in a bowl until smooth.
- Heat a non stick pan or griddle and spray cooking oil if needed. You can also apply butter.
- Take a slice of bread and dip both sides in the mixture and place it on the hot pan. Make sure to dip the bread until moist but if you dip it for too long, it will break apart.
- Cook each side for around 4-5 minutes on medium-low heat so that it doesn’t get burnt.
- These French Toasts have a longer cooking time. So do not try flipping it over until about 4-5 minutes.