This is the recipe for a very easy Milk Sweet.
1. Full cream milk – 1 litre
2. Sugar – 4 tbsps
3. Cardamom (Elakka) Powder – 1 tsp
4. Lemon Juice – 1/2 tsp
5. Any Flavored Milk (E.g Badam Milk, Vanilla Milk) – 2-3 tbsp
1. Take a heavy bottomed pan (preferably Non Stick).
2. Add milk and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce flame to medium and add the lemon juice to the milk, a little at a time, until the milk curdles slightly.
4. Allow the milk to simmer, stirring the milk frequently so that the milk does not burn and stick to the pan.
5. The milk will start turning thick. Now add sugar and cardamom powder, stirring continuously. Continue to stir until there is no more water left and the milk has become a powdery solid. The resulting substance is called Milk Khova or khoya or Pal khova.
6. Remove the Kova from flame and allow it to cool down.
7. Add the Badam Flavored Milk to the Khova and knead well.
8. Divide the Khoa into equal portions and make it into any shape of your choice.
9. Refrigerate it so that the Milk Sweet solidfies.
1. You can add more sugar to the milk if you want the Khova to be more sweet.