This is one of my favorite recipes and is really easy to make. Whenever, I need to make a quick side dish for rice or chapattis, I use canned tuna which is readily available in the market and the entire recipe just takes 15 minutes. This Canned Tuna Curry Recipe can also be used with any other Canned Fish.
- Canned Tuna Fish – 2 cans (I used Chunk Light Tuna in water, each can weighing around 150g)
- Tomato (chopped) – 1 large
- Onion (sliced) – 1 large
- Curry leaves – A sprig
- Ginger (finely sliced) – 2 tsp
- Crushed Garlic – 4 or 5 cloves
- Fish Masala Powder – 3 tbsp
- Chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Water -1 cup
- Salt – As required
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Drain the water and oil from the canned tuna fish and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute onions till brown.
- Add ginger, garlic and curry leaves and saute for a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes along with little salt and stir till the tomatoes are mashed.
- Now add fish masala powder, chilly powder and coriander powder and stir for a few minutes till the oil separates from the masala.
- Mix the tuna fish along with 1 cup water and cook covered for 5-8 minutes till the gravy is coated on the fish.
- Finally, sprinkle some pepper powder.