Flavored Yogurt is a very popular snack or dessert among people of all age groups. I love fruit-flavored Yogurt but I hate the ingredients found in most commercial flavored yogurt cups. Now-a-days, I make my own fruit yogurt for a quick dessert after lunch. I often use fruits like Mango, Blueberry and Strawberry for flavoring my yogurt. I wish I had started making these years ago instead of buying the commercial ones. It’s ridiculously simple to make and tasty.
Here is a super easy dessert which you can enjoy every day – Creamy Strawberry Yogurt. It is packed with flavor and doesn’t have any artificial ingredients.
When you can prepare homemade flavored yogurt so easily, I encourage all of you to ditch the commercial ones. Your kids will love this one!
- Whole Milk Yogurt – 3/4 cup
- Frozen Strawberries – 8 ripe ones
- Real Maple Syrup – 1 to 2 tbsp (You can use any sweetener of your choice)
- It’s best to use frozen strawberries in order to get a creamy texture. If you have fresh strawberries, wash it, trim the greens and then freeze it for half an hour to one hour.
- Blend the strawberries for a minute. Add the whole milk yogurt and maple syrup. Blend for another minute so that it is smooth and creamy. Do not over blend or else it will become runny.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Please use Plain Whole Milk Yogurt for this recipe. If you use Non-fat Yogurt, it will not be creamy.
- You could also use Greek Yogurt instead of Whole Milk Yogurt.