I am back with another Waffle recipe. When you bake waffles with nuts and dried fruits, it tastes so yummy. Each bite is satisfying with the crunchiness of nuts and sweetness of fruits. I had dried fruits and pecans with me. So, I decided to try Pecan Dried Fruits Waffle for breakfast.
Feel free to experiment with any dried fruits of your choice like apricots, pineapples, raisins, berries, apples and so on. I added whole what flour for extra fiber. I used vegetable oil instead of butter to reduce the calories. You can make two 8″ round waffles with the given measurements.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1/3 cup
- All Purpose Flour – 2/3 cup
- Baking Powder – 2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Egg – 1
- Milk – 2/3 cup
- Vanilla Flavoring – 1 tsp
- Vegetable Oil – 2 tbsp
- Dried Fruits – 1/4 cup (I used raisins, cranberries, cherries and blue berries)
- Finely Chopped Roasted Pecans – 2 tbsp
- Beat the egg in a bowl until thick. Add milk, vanilla flavoring and vegetable oil to the bowl and beat everything thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine wheat flour, all purpose flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Sift the powders into the beaten egg & milk mixture. Mix well so that no lumps are formed. Do not over mix the batter.
- Fold dried fruits into the batter.
- Preheat your waffle maker and sprinkle 1 tbsp of chopped pecans.
- Pour required quantity of batter and bake the waffles according to the instructions of your Waffle Maker.
- You can have these yummy waffles without any syrup but you may go ahead and top it up with Maple Syrup, Chocolate Syrup and so on.