Boiled eggs and melted mozzarella on a Kaiser bun make a fancy restaurant style Breakfast Sandwich. I don’t have a Panini maker but I do have a George Foreman indoor grill and once I assemble the sandwich, I place it on the grill for a couple of minutes to toast it and the cheese melts to perfection. I even pack this for my husband’s lunch on busy days.
The key is to use a quality bun like a Kaiser or at least a fancy hamburger bun. I didn’t have bacon but I am sure it would have made it perfect. You can add toppings you like such as cucumbers, tomato, lettuce, pickles etc. For a lazy Saturday morning breakfast, try out this awesome boiled egg and cheese sandwich instead of heading to Tim Horton’s or McDonald’s for breakfast.
- Boiled Egg – 1 (Slice it lengthwise into 4 pieces)
- Mozzarella Cheese – 1 slice
- Romaine Lettuce – 1 small piece
- Sliced Cucumbers – as needed
- Sliced Black Olives – as needed
- Mayonnaise – as needed
- Ketchup – as needed
- Honey Mustard – as needed
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Spread mayonnaise on the top half of the kaiser bun. Arrange olives on top.
- Place a slice of mozzarella cheese followed by sliced cucumbers on top of the olives.
- Spread honey mustard on the bottom half of the bun and place lettuce, followed by slices of boiled egg.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper. Drizzle ketchup to taste.
- Preheat your grill. Assemble the sandwich and grill it for 3-4 minutes so that the cheese melts. Alternatively, if you don’t have a grill, heat a skillet. Butter the bottom of the sandwich and place it in the skillet. Cover and toast for 2-3 minutes on medium heat so that the cheese melts.
- My husband likes his sandwich spicy, so I add Piri Piri Hot Sauce along with ketchup.
- If you are packing this for lunch to school or work, make sure the sandwich cools down completely before placing it in the lunch box so that the sandwich doesn’t get soggy.