Here is the recipe for a simple and light Vegetable Soup. This is an excellent soup when you are on a diet and want to avoid a few calories. You can also serve this as an Appetizer. This soup can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated. Whenever you feel sick with a flu, try this simple Homemade Vegetable Soup garnished with lots of Pepper. I have used Milk in this recipe instead of Cream to increase the thickness of the soup.
- Green Peas (fresh or frozen) – 1/2 cup
- Grated Carrot – 1 big
- Finely Diced Onions – 1 small
- Chopped Tomatoes – 1 medium
- Finely Chopped Celery – 1/4 cup
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Any Red Chilly Sauce – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Milk – 1 cup
- Heat olive oil in a deep non stick pan and saute onions until translucent.
- Add carrots, celery, green peas to the pan and continue sauteing for around 5-6 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook the veggies for another 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Add 6 cups of water to the pan and bring it to a slow boil.
- You can add 1 tbsp of any red chilly sauce to the soup for a nice spicy flavor.
- Reduce heat and simmer the soup for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 cup of milk in the microwave.
- Remove the soup from heat and add milk stirring continuously.
- Garnish with butter before serving.