Since, I am on a Calorie Reduction Plan, I need to plan for every meal well in advance. I don’t have the luxury of indulging in packaged or ready made foods like burgers, pizza and so on.
For lunch, I decided to steam a few veggies along with garlic and chilly flakes. I used frozen broccoli florets, fresh carrots and beans.
This meal is healthy, low in carbohydrates and fat, and overall low in calories.
You can add a few pieces of roasted or grilled chicken breasts for added taste, or try it with a boiled and crumbled egg.
- Diced Carrots – 2 medium ones
- Broccoli Florets – 2 Cups
- Chopped Beans – 8 No.s
- Finley Minced Garlic – 1 tbsp
- Red Chilly Flakes – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Microwave the carrots and beans along with little salt for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the microwaved veggies and water if any to a non stick pan.
- Add the broccoli florets, garlic and red chilly flakes. Sprinkle a few drops of water.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes on medium low heat.
- Remove lid, sprinkle some more salt and stir for 2 more minutes so that all excess water evaporates.