When you are not in the mood for an elaborate Breakfast, you can resort to Smoothies. Plantain and Pear sound like an odd combination but that is all that I had in my Kitchen. Here is a quick Plantain Pear Smoothie for all those lazy mornings.
If you are using ripe Plantain, you actually don’t need sugar or sweetener for this Smoothie. A word of caution – this Smoothie tends to thicken as it sits. By the time my photo session was over, I had to use a spoon to scoop it! 🙂
- Ripe Plantain – 1 big (It should be really soft and ripe)
- Pear – 1 small
- Ice Cubes – 8
- Water/Milk – 1 cup
- Sugar/Honey – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Peel the pear and dice it into a few medium sized pieces. Discard the core.
- Peel the plantain and chop it roughly into 3 or 4 pieces.
- Blend the plantain and pear along with the sweetener, ice cubes and water. Make sure there are no lumps remaining.
- Serve immediately or else it will become thick.