Here’s the recipe for a quick and tasty mixed vegetable stir fry or mezhkuperatti for lunch. You can use vegetables like carrot, potato, beans, green peas, cauliflower and so on.
- Diced Mixed Vegetables – 2 Cups (I use frozen variety when I don’t have time)
- Dry Red Chillies – 3
- Onion (Thinly Sliced) – 1 medium
- Curry Leaves – A sprig
- Mustard Seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder -1/2 tsp
- Chilly Powder – 1 tsp
- Finely Chopped Garlic Cloves – 3 or 4
- Salt – As required
- Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) – A few
- Wash and drain the vegetables. Sprinkle water and microwave it for 2-3 minutes. (Optional Step)
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and Splutter the mustard seeds.
- Add onions and saute till translucent.
- Add the Dry Red Chillies, Garlic and Curry Leaves and saute for a few minutes.
- Next, add 1/2 tsp turmeric & 1 tsp Chilly powder and saute for a minute.
- Add the mixed vegetables along with salt and mix well.
- Cover the pan and allow it to cook for around 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with Coriander Leaves.
- When making mezhukkupuratti, it is best not to add water. Instead keep the dish on simmer and stir occasionally.
- If you pre cook the vegetables in microwave, the vegetables cook faster.