I have fallen in love with Chicken Salad Sandwich after tasting it at a luncheon in our Church. The sandwich was so creamy and tasty. It was a Croissant filled with creamy chicken, grapes, almonds, chives, pecans and lot more.
I was searching for Chicken Salad Recipes and I found thousands of variations. I ended up making a Chicken Salad Sandwich with whatever ingredients I had in my fridge. I didn’t have grapes, pecan, chives or almonds. So I used some cashews and baby cucumbers.
Here is my recipe for Chicken Salad Sandwich. You can have this yummy sandwich for breakfast, lunch or even for your evening snack. Please do forget the calories 😉
- Canned Cooked Chicken Breasts – 1 Cup
- Salad Relish – 4 to 5 tbsp (You can use any Mayo instead)
- Non Fat Sour Cream – 3 tbsp
- Roasted Cashew Bits – 2 tbsp
- Peeled and diced baby cucumbers – 1
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Crumble the chicken breasts into small pieces. I used fully cooked canned chicken breasts. You can use fresh, frozen or canned chicken breasts.
- Whisk salad relish and sour cream in a bowl.
- Add the chicken pieces, cashews, cucumbers and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper. Toss everything together and refrigerate the salad atleast for 1 hour.
- Take by spoonfuls and spread it on your favorite bread, roll or croissant.