I am back with another Fish Recipe. I have been feeling lazy since the beginning of this month. Probably it’s the sick and cold weather. Though I had a few recipes in my Drafts, I didn’t feel like posting. Somehow, I am forcing myself to post atleast one recipe today.
Who doesn’t love Fish Fingers? It’s so crispy and crunchy. I love the Fresh ones and hate the frozen Fish Fingers. They taste awful. Ever since I started making Fish Fingers at home, we have never gone for the frozen ones. They are so easy to make and taste heavenly. I have come up with the recipe for making Spicy Fish Fingers covered in a nice sweet and tangy sauce. You will love this recipe. You can serve these sizzling Fish Fingers as an appetizer and you are sure to surprise everyone with it’s heavenly taste.
- Skinless and Boneless Fish Fillets – 2 (I used Fresh Tilapia)
- Corn Flour – 3 to 4 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
For the Sauce
- Diced Onions – 1 medium
- Diced Bell Peppers (Capsicum) – 1 medium
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Tomato Ketchup – 3 tbsp
- Red Chilly Garlic Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Sweet Chilly Sauce – 1 tbsp (Alternatively, you can use 1 tbsp Red Chilly Sauce and 1 tsp sugar)
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – as needed
- Clean the fish fillets in running water. Soak the fillets in water along with 1 tbsp lemon juice for around 5 minutes. This will remove any unwanted smell.
- Slice the fish fillets into 2 – 3 ” long pieces and 1/2 ” thick. Pat dry the fish fingers using a Kitchen Towel.
- In a plate, combine corn flour, salt and pepper.
- Place a fish finger in the plate and roll it so that all sides are coated completely with flour.
- Repeat this until all fish fingers are dredged in flour.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a non stick pan for shallow frying.
- Place the fish fingers in the fan and fry each side until golden brown. This will take around 3-4 minutes for each side. Drain onto paper towels.
- Heat oil in another pan and saute onions. (You can also use the leftover oil.)
- Add the capsicum pieces and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add ginger garlic paste. Saute until the raw smell disappears.
- Add chilly garlic sauce, tomato ketchup and sweet chilly sauce. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Mix everything nicely.
- Add the fried fish fingers and toss everything nicely until the fish fingers are coated with the sauce. Remove from heat after 2 minutes.