Here comes the recipe for another Pasta Salad after Red & Green Pasta Salad. Well, we have fallen in love with Pasta Salads and so I keep on trying some new Pasta Salad for lunch on weekdays. This is the recipe for making a yummy Salad using Tuna. You can use Canned Tuna for convenience.
You can add fruits like apple, grapes, pear and veggies like Cucumbers, Celery, Olives to this Tuna Pasta Salad. I cook pasta and refrigerate it for 2-3 days and then use it for making Salads when needed. This recipe easily serves 2 people.
- Cooked Pasta – 4 to 5 cups (Medium Shells or any other variety)
- Canned Tuna Fish – 1 small Can, 5 oz/142 gram (I used chunk light tuna in water)
- Peeled and Finely Diced Apples – 1 medium (I used the sweet Red variety)
- Baby Cucumbers – 2 small
- Seedless Grapes – 1/2 cup (diced)
- Finely chopped Roasted Cashew nuts/Peanuts/Walnuts/Pecans – A handful/1 oz (optional)
- Red Chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Fish Masala Powder – 1 tsp ( I used store bought Eastern Fish Masala brand)
- Mayonnaise – 3 to 4 tbsp
- Pickled Sweet Relish – 2 tbsp
- Black Pepper powder – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to the instructions on the packet, until pasta is al dente. Drain and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a non stick pan and add the drained tuna flakes.
- Saute for a few minutes. Reduce heat and add 1/2 tsp red chilly powder and 1 tsp fish masala powder.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper. Continue sauteing until the tuna has changed color (3-4 minutes approx). Keep aside.
- Peel and chop apples and cucumbers into bite sized pieces.
- Whisk mayonnaise and pickled relish in a bowl.
- Add the cooked pasta, tuna flakes and all the other ingredients. Toss everything together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve this salad at room temperature or you can go ahead and refrigerate it before serving.
- If you wish, you may directly add canned tuna to the salad without cooking it further.I lightly sauteed the tuna with the masala powders for a better taste.
- You can use Curry Powder instead of Fish Masala Powder.