Here is a delicious Sandwich Filling made using Chicken Breast & Vegetables. I usually make this Chunky Chicken & Vegetable Sandwich for Breakfast or as an evening meal. It tastes so much better than any of the Frozen Patties which we get to buy.
You can use the same filling to make Patties. I usually avoid Bread Crumbs & Deep Frying while making Patties to keep it healthy. Instead, I spray cooking oil on a non stick skillet and sear the patties. If you have Frozen Diced Vegetables, you can make this quickly. Serve this chunky filling on any Whole Grain Bread for a healthier version.
- Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breast – 1 half
- Diced Mixed Vegetables of your choice (Fresh/frozen) – 1.5 cups (I have used Frozen Beans, Carrots, Peas & Corn)
- Diced Onions – 1 small
- Red Chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
For Marinating the Chicken
- Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Garlic Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Spicy Brown Mustard – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Egg – 1
- Bread Crumbs – 1/2 cup
- Oil – as needed
- Clean the chicken breast and trim any visible fat. Mince the chicken into small chunky pieces.
- Marinate the chicken with the above ingredients.
- Meanwhile, microwave the vegetables along with little water and salt for 3-4 minutes.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and saute onions until translucent.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces and saute for around 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Drain the water from the vegetables and add it to the pan.
- Continue sauteing everything for 5 more minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
- Reduce heat and add garlic powder, red chilly powder, pepper powder and salt to taste. Mix everything well.
- Remove the mixture from heat and allow it to a cool.
- Once cooled, grind everything coarsely in a food processor. Make sure you it remains a bit chunky.
- Spread this chicken & vegetable filling on a slice of bread for making a sandwich. Serve the sandwich with ketchup.
- You can also shape it into patties of desired size. Dip the patties in beaten egg and then coat it with bread crumbs. Deep fry the patties.
- For a healthier version, mix 2 tbsp of bread crumbs into the filling and shape it into patties. Spray cooking oil on a non stick skillet and sear the patties for a few minutes on each side. Serve it on a bun topped with Tomato, Cucumber, Lettuce or any other toppings.