I can’t believe that I haven’t posted any recipes for over a month! When you take a step back from blogging, then it’s kind of difficult to come back. Neverthless, I cannot ignore my beloved blog baby. Here is a recipe for Rice Noodles with Vegetables. Rice Stick/Noodles cook very quickly like in 3-5 minutes. These noodles are versatile and can be mixed with different sauces and ingredients for a variety of dishes. I made this yummy rice noodles for breakfast.
- Rice Stick/Noodles – 1 packet 250g approx
- Diced Onions – 1 small
- Diced Tomatoes – 1 small
- Diced Beans – 1/2 cup
- Diced Carrots – 1/2 cup
- Diced Bell Peppers – 1/2 cup
- Cashew halves – 10 to 12
- Curry Leaves – a sprig
- Slit Red/Green Chillies – 2 (Alter according to your spice tolerance)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp (Alter according to your spice tolerance)
- Garlic Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Lemon Juice/Vinegar – 1 to 2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water – as needed
- Bring water to a boil and cook the rice noodles in salted water according to the instructions on the packet. Keep an eye as these noodles cook in 3-5 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non stick pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add the onions, cashews and chillies and saute until the onions are translucent.
- Throw in the curry leaves along with the chopped beans. Saute for a few minutes.
- Next, throw in the carrots and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes and bell peppers along with salt to taste.
- Continue sauteing until the vegetables are cooked.
- Reduce heat and add turmeric powder, chilly powder and garlic powder. Stir fry for a minute and add lemon juice or vinegar along with 1 tsp sugar.
- Add the cooked rice noodles and toss everything together and remove from stove top.
- Serve with any pickle or chutney of your choice.