This summer, I have been growing Mint at home. I use fresh Mint Leaves for Biriyani and recently, I have started making Mint & Cilantro Chutney. Mint leaves are really fragrant and you need to use it sparingly or else it can overpower the taste of a dish. Here is the recipe for a wonderful Mint/Pudheena Chutney.
- Fresh Mint Leaves (Pudheena) – 1 cup (Use only the leaves)
- Roughly Chopped Fresh Cilantro (Malliyella) – 1 cup (You can use the stalks if tender)
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Green Chillies – 2 (Alter according to your spice tolerance)
- Yogurt/Thick Curd – 3/4 to 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water – as needed
- Blend all the ingredients to a smooth chutney.
- Add water only if needed or else it may end up being runny.