For all Chutney (Chammanthi) lovers, here is a recipe for making a spicy Chutney using Green Peas and Coconut.
- Green Peas – 1 cup
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Chopped Onions – 1 medium
- Slit Green Chillies – 2 small
- Grated Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Grated Garlic – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water – As required
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Wash and drain the fresh/frozen green peas and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and add the finely chopped onions and saute till translucent.
- Add green chillies, grated ginger and garlic and saute for 2 minute.
- Next, add the green peas along with some salt and stir well.
- Add grated coconut to this and mix well. Cover and cook for a few minutes till the peas become cooked.
- Allow it to cool. Grind everything with a little water to form a coarse paste.
- Serve with Idli, Dosa or even Iddiyappam.
- You can adjust the amount of water while grinding, depending on the consistency you prefer for your chutney.
- Peas Chutney can be used as a Bread Spread while making any sandwich. Your kids are going to love it.