When we visited our cousins in NY, I happened to taste this lovely Mango Cream Cheese Pie. I was hooked onto it and asked my cousin for the recipe. I was surprised that it was so easy to make and there was no baking involved. All you need is to use ready-made Pie Crusts. Most of the ingredients were new to me and I had to explore my Grocery Store thoroughly to find all of what was needed.
Even if you don’t like Cheese, you will like this dessert. Cream Cheese has a mild, distinct flavor. Condensed Milk will make the filling taste more creamy and less cheesy. This No-Bake Mango Cream Cheese Pie has a soft and dense filling. This dessert is also suitable for those who do not eat eggs.
- Ready-made Graham Crusts – 2 (6 oz each)
- Unflavored Gelatin – 2 packages (.25 Ounce/7g Packets)
- Hot Water – 1 cup
- Cream Cheese – 1 block (8 Oz.) (I used Philadelphia Cream Cheese)
- Sweetened Alphonso Mango Pulp – 1 can (30 Oz)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1/2 cup (optional)
- Powdered Sugar – if required
- Allow the cream cheese to sit at room temperature for a few hours so that is softens.
- Add the gelatin to 1 cup of hot water. Stir thoroughly until dissolved. Allow it to stand for a while.
- Beat the softened cream cheese, condensed milk, gelatin and mango pulp. Make sure that the cream cheese is soft otherwise it will not beat well. You can also use a blender to combine everything.
- Do a taste test and add sugar only if needed. Pour the mango cream cheese filling into pie crusts. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours or until set.
- Condensed Milk is optional in this recipe. If you want the taste of cream cheese to stand out, you can skip the condensed milk.
- The best part is that you can make this dessert without the pie crust and serve it as a simple Mango Cream Cheese Pudding.
- You can also use 1 tub – 8oz of Cool Whip (Whipped Topping) instead of Condensed Milk.
- Vegetarians can use Agar-agar instead of gelatin.