I was trying Pork for the first time after coming to US. The Pork which I bought had no fat unlike the ones in India. I just had to remove the white colored skin. I made a Spicy Pork Gravy with lot of Pepper.
- Lean pork (remove the skin and fat), cut into 3/4-inch cubes – 2 lbs
- Onions, chopped – 2 medium
- Tomato, chopped – 1 medium
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Green Chillies – 4-5
- Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
- Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Soy Sauce – 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder – 1 tbsp
- Pepper Powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tbsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tbsp
- Cooking oil – 5 tbsp
- Salt – As required
- Cut the pork into bite sized pieces and clean thoroughly.
- Marinate pork in 2 tsp vinegar, 2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp pepper and salt for 30 minutes.
- Pressure cook the marinated pork along with water. Add enough water so as to cover the pork.
- Pressure cook it for 2-3 whistles or till the pork is cooked.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions and saute till translucent.
- Add green chillies, ginger and garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add curry leaves and cilantro and stir fry till the onions begin to brown.
- Next, add 2 tbsp coriander powder, 1 tbsp red chilly powder, 1 tbsp ground garam masala powder, 1 tsp pepper and fry for a minute.
- Add tomatoes along with salt and stir fry till the oil separates from the gravy.
- Now add the cooked pork along with the remaining water from the cooker and mix well till it is coated with the gravy.
- Cover and cook on medium flame for 15 mintues, stirring occassionally.