Chicken Fried Rice is easy to make specially if you are using some precooked Chicken pieces. I use Perdue Chicken Breast Shortcuts while making fried rice. I suggest all of you should try Perdue Shortcuts whether it is salad, fried rice or noodles.
- Long grain Basmati rice – 3 cups
- Cooked Chicken pieces – 2 cups
- Onion, thinly sliced – 1
- Spring Onions, finely chopped – 1 Bunch (separate the greens and whites)
- Carrot, finely chopped – 1/2 cup
- Cabbage, finely chopped – 1/2 cup
- French Beans, finely chopped – 1 cup
- Broccoli Florets – 2 cups
- Green Peas – 1/4 cup
- Oil/Butter – 4 tbsp
- Aji-no-moto (MSG) – 1/4 tsp
- Soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- Red Chilli sauce – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper Powder – as required
- Boil the Basmati rice with a little salt and 1 tsp oil, till each grain is separate and almost cooked. Drain and allow it to cool. I cooked rice on the previous day and refrigerated it overnight. This really helps in making a good fried rice which is not sticky.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and add onions and saute till translucent.
- Add all the vegetables (except the green spring onions and broccoli) along with salt and stir fry for around 5-7 minutes till it almost cooked but crispy.
- Next add the precooked chicken pieces and sprinkle pepper. Stir fry around 5 minutes.
- Add half of the green spring onions along with broccoli and stir for a minute and keep everything aside. (Broccoli and spring onions cook really fast and so they are added only at the end.)
- Heat another wok or Frying Pan and add 2 tbsps of oil/butter.
- Add the cooked rice and stir-fry for a few minutes so that it gets a light brown color.
- Stir in the cooked vegetables and chicken and combine everything gently.
- Make a hollow at the center and pour the beaten eggs. Scramble until the egg sets. Break and mix with rice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Blend in soy sauce and chilly sauce.
- Sprinkle a pinch of ajinomoto for more taste. (optional)
- Mix everything gently till the rice is evenly coated with the sauces. Fry the rice on medium-high for another 2 minutes. You can sprinkle some more pepper powder.
- Garnish with remaining green spring onions.
- The Fried Rice is ready to be served hot.
- If you want to reduce the amount of oil or butter, you can skip steps 6 and 7. Instead, add the boiled rice directly without frying to the cooked vegetables and chicken.
- If you are using Fresh uncooked Chicken pieces, then please do the following:-
- Clean the chicken and chop it into small pieces.
- Marinate the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add the chicken pieces. Add some teriyaki sauce or soy sauce and cook the chicken on medium heat till it becomes tender.