I have become more & more interested in trying recipes with Barbecue Sauce. The sweet, tangy & smoky flavor of BBQ sauce is a welcome change after having Spicy Indian Curries. Here is a recipe for Barbecue Flavored Ground Chicken and Cabbage. Cabbage goes well with Ground Chicken since it’s so versatile.
- Ground Chicken – 1 lb
- Diced Onions – 1 medium
- Chopped Cabbage – 1.5 cups
- Chopped Tomatoes – 1 medium
- Slit Green Chillies – 2 (optional)
- Minced Garlic – 4 cloves
- Red Chilly Powder – 1 tsp (Alter according to your spice tolerance)
- Spicy Brown Mustard – 1 tbsp
- Brown Sugar – 1 tbsp (Alter according to your desired level of sweetness)
- Ketchup – 3 tbsp
- Vinegar – 1 to 2 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Barbecue Sauce – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Diced Green Onions – A handful
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water – as needed
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and saute onions until translucent.
- Throw in the minced garlic, green chillies and diced tomatoes. Saute until the tomatoes are mashed.
- Reduce heat and add red chilly powder and little salt. Saute for a minute.
- Add the ground chicken and cabbage to the pan and brown the chicken for a few minutes.
- Next add mustard, ketchup, brown sugar, black pepper powder, barbecue sauce and vinegar. Mix everything together and add 1/2 cup of water.
- Simmer the chicken for 15-20 minutes until cooked. The gravy should cling to the meat. Garnish with green onions before serving.
- Serve this on a Sandwich or as a Side dish.