I instantly fell in love with Waffles after tasting them from a Waffle House, after coming to US. Later on, I tried Frozen Toaster Ready Waffles but didn’t find them as good as the fresh ones. I bought a Waffle Maker recently and tried experimenting with Home Made Waffles. These waffles taste yummy when they are made fresh and now we have it for breakfast at least twice a week.
Some people love very Crisp Waffles whereas I like my waffle neither too crisp nor too soft.
Here is my recipe for some Plain Golden Breakfast Waffles.
- Self Rising Flour – 1 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla – 1 tsp
- Melted butter – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Beat whole eggs in a bowl. Add melted butter, milk and vanilla into the bowl and beat thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine self rising flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Sift the powders into beaten egg mixture and mix well so that no lumps are formed.
- If you are using a Round Waffle Maker, pour around 3/4 cup of batter and bake on medium settings until done.
- Serve these hot waffles with Maple Syrup.